Music enables self-expression for students with special needs
Beethoven’s Buddies is an innovative music program which facilitates cognitive and emotional growth for students with developmental delays. Program benefits include:
• Strengthening gross and fine motor skills, self-esteem, and language development
• Enabling self-expression and creativity
• Providing social interaction
• Connecting families who are raising children with physical and cognitive challenges
An instrumental ensemble experience for children with intellectual and developmental disabilities. All music is modified and color-coded to prepare students for success. Parent attends class.
Clementi's Colorful Chimes
SAT 10:30-11 am | Armerding 126 | Martin
SAT 11-11:30 am | Armerding 126 | Martin
Private Piano Lessons
30 min/15 weeks | $645
Weekly private lessons are structured on the basis of the individual student's IEP.
CSA faculty members Dr. Beth Bauer and Kaitlin Martin teach the lessons. Students are encouraged to participate in an annual studio recital.
Steps to Enroll:
1. Register- Complete the form on p21 and submit
with $35 registration fee.
2. Consultation with program coordinator
Placement is contingent upon consultation with the program coordinator. You may be asked to submit the student's IEP.
3. Prepare to purchase/rent a non-electric piano (private lessons only).
Beethoven's Buddies students have particpated in:
• National Guild competition
• National Keyboard conferences
• Music programs at schools and churches