preparatory (traditional) music lessons
Open the door to a lifetime of music enjoyment or a career in music
CSA’s Prep program provides individualized music lessons with a traditional approach, to over 250 students. Our outstanding faculty members hold advanced degrees, have extensive experience working with students of all levels and employ a variety of methods in order to meet each student’s needs and goals. CSA’s nurturing, creative and holistic environment builds character and equips students to become excellent artists.
• Students may begin at age 6, through adult.
• Early emphasis is on note-reading, excellent technique and self-expression.
• Parent involvement is encouraged for young students, but not required.
• Tuition includes a weekly private lesson along with a group class required for students through grade 8. The class inspires motivation through peer interaction and strengthens musicianship through theory, ear-training, performance, music history and sight-reading.
• Students participate in all-program concerts and recitals held in Conservatory-quality performance venues.
Steps to Enroll :
After submitting registration materials,
you will be contacted for placement.
1. Register- Complete the form on p. 21 and submit with $35 registration fee.
2. Prepare to purchase/rent an instrument
For piano students, a non-electric piano is required. String, harp & flute students must be measured by their teacher prior to purchasing/renting an instrument.
Private lessons + group class
30 min/15 weeks | $630*
45 min/15 weeks | $890*
*A $40/semester Events Fee applies to all private lesson students to cover administrative and production costs of concerts, festivals and studio recitals.
Young Musicians: At the Keyboard (6–9 yrs)
Musikgarten Music Makers: at the Keyboard
$282/15 weeks | Required materials fee $60
WED 4–5:15 | Pierce 101 | Wilder
SAT 10:15–11:30 am | Pierce 101 | Wilder
A perfect foundation for private study on any instrument, these musicianship lessons at the keyboard emphasize making music with others, playing songs by ear, learning to read music and improvising.
A 66-key, weighted keyboard or acoustic piano is required for home practice. Parent attends last 15 minutes. Materials include instruction book, games, CDs and parent book.
First and second place winners from
Jr division (gr 6–8) and Sr division (gr 9–12) perform in a designated concert and receive a prize in the form of CSA tuition credit.
Sunday, January 26, 2014
Prep Jazz/Pop Recital:
The Jazz Pop Festival offers
Preparatory piano students the
opportunity to perform in a jazz trio with Wheaton College students. This unique event highlights blues, jazz, pop, rock, contemporary Christian music and more.
Sunday, March 2, 2014